The final project for this One Room Challenge is creating a cushion for the window seat I built a few weeks ago. This feels like the whole thing culminating into this vision I once had at the beginning of this journey.
Check out the window seat here!
I am using some scrap MDF that’s 1/2″ thick and I ordered this foam from Amazon that’s 2″ thick. Then I bought batting as well from Hobby Lobby and will be attaching it all together with a staple gun.
I found the most beautiful fabric at Hobby Lobby and I wish I knew was it is but alas I do not. Even though it was about 2 feet too short, I bought it anyways to figure it out. Fabric is double the width you see because it’s folded over so I cut it into squares and sewed them together to be the length I needed.
I stapled the batting all around before starting the fabric.
With the fabric, I began stapling in the middle and world my way to the edges. When I got to the corner I made one fold and stapled. Then another fold to get the corner tight.
That’s all folks, seriously. It was so easy and took about an hour to complete from start to finish.
Getting this window seat cushion done, my last project for this room, really gave me all the feels and changed the whole feel of the space. It feels complete now.
Don’t forget to come back next week to see the full room reveal completely complete!
Find us on social HERE!
Thank you for the blog on this window seat. I wanted to know how long it has been since you installed it and how it is holding up. I have attempted to paint Ikea furniture items in the past, and they started chipping after a short time, even when I used primer.
It has been over a year and there are a couple small chips but overall great condition! It’s not in a high traffic area also.